Monday 19 April 2010

It's been a while...

So my blog and I have not been the best of friends over the past few weeks, but I have decided to give in and buckle, Hollie is a very easy distraction and sometimes its easier to entertain her then sit down and write pages and pages of words!

So from the first campus session I didn't learn much I felt that I had sat in on a Russian lesson as I walked out the door, none of the information had processed and I had no idea what so ever what I was supposed to be doing. So a decision was made I either stick my head in the sand until the 5Th May or I have a crack at the work and use the trial and error process, weather this was successful or not I'm not sure but at least I have something to work with.

On receiving my module handbook I became dizzy. There were to many words on each page, and the fact I was unsure of my objectives the finishing line grew further and further away so I left it to one side and decided it was defiantly a job to do small amounts of but regularly.

I began whittling down my options...

What was always present in my life?
What aspects have changed my acting life?
What subject will interest me for 6 months?
What subject will interest other people, to make it worth the research?

I realise some of you may be sick of hearing about the fact I recently became a mother, however this is a permanent fixture in my life and also the reason why I took this course rather then A standard 3rd course so I began to think about my situation and how the different factors have affected my future plans.

Having a child has put my career aims on hold, being a Mum and a West End star is something that I'm not comfortable with epically while Hollie is so young, you see Hollywood mums giving birth and being back on set the next day - some of them don't even bother with the whole pregnancy thing and adopt one.


So this became a choice however I was not sure which angle to take on the subject...
  • Unemployed because I'm a Mum
  • Is there and age limit to acting, or can I wait that extra 4 years till Hollie is in school?
  • Has having a child ruined my chances of a sparkling acting career?

1 comment:

  1. hi Gabrielle
    I am certainly not bord to hear about you becoming a mother! I find it very interesting to be honest. It is a great challenge to become a mother whilst on the course. I think those sujects will interest you more as it is about your current lifestyle.It will be hard to tear yourself away from Hollie to do the course but if the suject is related to her then it might not be as hard.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete