Wednesday 7 October 2009

Top 5 Resources...

The Casting Website is a fantastic way to get locations of auditions quickly and efficiently. They send you links through your email address every time there are audition around where you live. The website is run by a man called Rob Earnshaw even following him on Twitter could land you with a job. Its really useful to know what sort of jobs are on offer and the sort of people companies are looking for. Although not the most reliable way to get a job it could just be that one lucky email that gets you your big break so I'm always willing to give it a go.
Bulleted List

The Stage is another great way of hearing about auditions. It also includes reviews and articles about whats going on in the Performing Arts world such as any new performances or maybe old ones that needed a bit of jazzing up! The Stage can sometimes be a pain to get hold of none of the paper shops where I live stock it so the easiest way to get hold of it is probably by subscribing to it - which you can do online or in paper form. You know The Stage is a reliable source so its great to check the auditions out each week and maybe have a go at them.

The Southbank Centre are is a great place to keep an eye on for interesting performances. Rather then finding auditions or jobs this is a great place to go and appreciate the arts that each of us are interested in. They have loads of different performances all year round, they also have great exhibitions for short periods of time throughout the centre. In January I visited the centre to view and exhibition called 'Operation Soapbox' although at the time I was freezing (it was snowing) and tired as we had been walking round all day seeing this exhibition really helped towards the BNP performance we did in March 2009.

I've literally only just come across this website - I'm not actually sure what its call but seen as my plan is to become a drama teacher I felt the title was pretty relevant -
"Issues in Drama Teaching". I love just typing in to Google some random thoughts and seeing what it comes up with - sometimes complete rubbish but other times you can discover some really interesting articles, like this one, so I suppose the Internet - mainly Google is a great resource that I probably use every day!

Books of any description. Although I wouldn't describe myself as some sort of book worm I'm sometimes prone to browse through one if the front cover looks interesting, when I say books I would probably be tempted to include magazines and newspapers too. A lot of the time I just cast them to one side however every now and again there is an article or advert that catches my eye and really interests me. Books will always be the old school method of research but in a way I like it like that - I sometimes find it more in sighting then the Internet and also a lot more rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment